Thursday, February 11, 2010

New to Blogging...


I started this blog in order to put my artwork out there for the world to see (cheesy, I know). I have loved painting for a long time and though I am not professional trained, I have been challenged many times, especially of late, to start selling my work. Mind you, I have never blogged before (is that even a verb?) so, bear with me as I learn and grow in this process. I am working on creating a store on etsy.com for people to buy my art (more to come on in later posts), but I also want to not only display my art on this blog, but describe it as well. So, I came up with the idea of posting a new piece of art each week along with the story behind the creation of it.
This piece I actually created last year and sold in an auction that raised money for organizations committed to helping rescue girls from sex trafficking. I painted this during a worship service and it depicts a process of refinement, how the Holy Spirit comes and purifies our hearts and minds with His love. You know, God is so much more than the things you learned about in Sunday School. He is radical and passionate and loves with an everlasting love. He crys when we cry and He rejoices when we rejoice. The purpose of refinement is to bring us closer to Jesus, that we would walk out of the desert leaning on the arm of our Beloved, that after we go through refinement, we are forever changed and forever marked by His love.
The process is hard, but it is redemptive as well as life changing and brings healing with every step that we take in it. Embrace the process, even through brokenness and tears, and trust the your Beloved is crying with you and will soon rejoice with you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment